Thursday, December 9, 2010

#24 - Panettone

This bread was such a surprise to me. I didn't think I would like it - too much like fruitcake, I thought. Was I wrong! And it was our turn for breakfast the next day, so my lucky colleagues got to feast on this delectable bread. And the reviews were stellar - they gobbled it up in no time at all, which is always so gratifying.

I preferred the smaller shape; like cupcake, but better, because it was bread. : )


Here are the steps start to finish:

The dough being mixed.

The fruit mixture, consisting of dried cherries and raisins.


Combining the fruit with the dough.


Post kneading, first in the mixer, then by hand; ready to rise.



Ready for the oven.



In the oven - one large plus six smaller ones.


Out of the oven - the small ones.


The finished Panettone.





No comments:

Post a Comment