Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#29 - Pugliese

Back from a very long hiatus. Did not bake from the challenge since before summer. But I have decided to finish this challenge by the end of 2010, which was about one week from the day I actually baked this. I think I'm going to reach my goal. It is 2:30 a.m., Wednesday, December 29th, as I write this, and I only have the last two breads to go. I'll be writing furiously too. Stay tuned to see what I have planned next. : )

Pugliese - funny name - good bread - not great, but good. Mine did not come out at all like the picture in the book. I think it's because I didn't use the semolina flour and opted instead for the bread flour. This bread had great rising power and was wonderful right out of the oven, but became pretty dry pretty quickly. I have a loaf to my daughter, who planned to make French toast with it. Haven't heard back from her yet as to results, but I am guessing it made outstanding French toast, due to the slight dryness - great for soaking up the custard-like batter.

The Finished Loaves - Twin Beauties - Again


Fully Kneaded - Ready for the Rise


And Now Ready for the Oven



What a Gorgeous Loaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment